Underwater Kinetics Blue Tang Hydralloy Dive Knife
The Underwater Kinetics Blue Tang Hydralloy Dive Knife, The Blue Tang HYDRALLOY is UK’s improved take on the classic, multi-functional dive knife.
We patented our own HYDRALLOY steel for a blade that is both strong and corrosion resistant where most competitors’ blades only offer one of those features, The Blue Tang® HYDRALLOY® knife is built rugged, with a serrated edge and a hooked edge for cutting through all types of rope and line. It is the ultimate safety tool.
Previously, there was not a commercially available stainless steel which had a combination of being hard enough to maintain an edge, yet stiff enough for prying, and did not rust in salt water.
Our constant quest for perfection lead us to develop a special alloy that combines the best qualities of 316 and 420 steel to produce corrosion resistant blades with great strength and sharpness. We now do custom mill runs of our proprietary steel formula, which not only has different alloy content but also a different heat treating process than other dive knives, making UK knives unique in their performance.
Built To Stay Corrosion Free:
When metal comes in contact with other metal, it conducts electricity and that causes corrosion. Our knives are some of the most durable because we avoid metal to metal contact in our designs.
Full Length Blade:
Quality knives are always built with a blade that runs the full length of the knife. This gives you increased strength when using it for prying tasks. Some knives have the blade stop at the handle, resulting in a weak point and most often, a broken knife, All UK knives are easy to disassemble for cleaning without the use of tools!
We know that safety comes first so we built in a hooked edge for cutting through all types of rope and line. This is useful when a diver is snagged with monofilament fishing line.
In an emergency you can get the attention of your dive buddy by banging the knife pommel onto your tank. This comes in handy in emergency situations. The extra weight at the rear perfectly balances the knife in your hand.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 10.00 x 2.15 x 1.00 in / 25.40 x 5.46 cm x 2.54 cm
- Blade Material: Hydralloy
- Blade Tip: Drop Point or Blunt Tip
- Weight: 9.30 oz. / 263.65 g
- Blade Length: 5.00 in / 12.70 cm
- Choice of two blade styles: traditional drop point or blunt tip divers tool
- UK's own HYDRALLOY steel blade for durability and corrosion resistance
- Stainless steel signaling pommel insulated from blade to eliminate metal to metal corrosion
- Quick disassembly for cleaning. No tools required!
- Large choil for power grip on the blade
- Serrated edge for cutting rope and line
- Hooked edge line cutter
- One hand insertion and removal from sheath
- 5-inch hollow ground double edge blade
Free England Mainland Postage On All Orders Over £300.00
No matter how many items are in your shopping cart (cylinders & Compressors excluded)
England Mainland delivery on all orders under £300.00
Postage charges for the Underwater Kinetics Blue Tang Hydralloy Dive Knife can be calculated and be added to your order either on the cart or checkout pages.
See Our Delivery Information Page For More Information.