Apeks MTX-R Extreme Cold Water Regulator & MTX-R Octopus
You Can Now Pre-Order This Brand New Regulator And Octopus Set (Estimated Date Of Arrival 31st November)
Introducing the Apeks MTX-R Extreme Cold Water Regulator & Octopus Set, The new MTX-R is based on the MTX, a regulator that was developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test. Innovations in design mean that the MTX-R regulator performs in almost freezing water at a depth of over 60 metres, something that very few other regulators on the consumer market can boast.
With an innovative first stage design that helps to prevent ice build up around the diaphragm, the MTX-R is reliable, rugged and expedition ready.
- A first of its kind, over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that could cause a free flow in extreme circumstances.
- Forged 1st stage body gives maximum thermal performance.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp on the 1st stage ensures improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Angled HP ports allow for optimal hose routing and transmitter fitting.
- Parallel turret ports allow for improved hose orientation.
- Superb protection from impact damage on both the 1st and 2nd stage.
- Simple to use 2nd stage with no dive adjustment controls and a reduced chance of free flow.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Patented heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test.
- Tested for Octopus use to 60 metres in cold water.
- Connections Yoke and DIN available
- Type of first stage Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
- Body Type One piece forged body
- Number of HP ports 2 (7/16" UNF)
- Number of MP ports 5 (3/8" UNF)
- Environmental Dry Kit Standard
- First stage exterior Satin chrome
- Orientation Convertible LH or RH
- Coldwater Use Yes - extreme
- Type of second stage Pneumatically balanced
- Opening Effort Control Knob No
- Integrated Venturi Lever No
- Mouthpiece Comfo-bite™
- Exhaust tee Diver Changeable - one set supplied
- Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance Yes
- Hose type Braided Flexi-hose
- Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores Avg. 1.75 joules/litre
- Nitrox compatible Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.
No matter how many items are in your shopping cart (cylinders excluded)
UK Mainland delivery on all orders under £150.00
Postage charges for the Apeks MTX-R Extreme Cold Water Regulator & MTX-R Octopus can be calculated and added to your order either on the cart or checkout pages.
See Our Delivery Information Page For More Information.
Buy Today On Finance - It's Quick & Easy!
We now have the ability to provide our customers with the opportunity to take out finance on a range of equipment and servicing through the finance company Omni Capital Retail Finance.
You can now easily spread the cost over 12 months on purchases of £500 or more, allowing you to choose an affordable monthly repayment that suits your budget
The application is quick and easy, the process can be completed in just a few minutes with an instant decision.
Credit is provided subject to age and status.
See Our Finance Information Page For More Information.